Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 TRIBUTE

2996 Tribute

2,996 is a tribute to the victims of 9/11.On September 11, 2006, 2,996 volunteer bloggerswill join together for a tribute to the victims of 9/11.Each person will pay tribute to a single victim.We will honor them by remembering their lives,and not by remembering their murderers.

I am honoring Aleksandr V. Ivantsov
23 years young
New York, New York
World Trade Center

He was a Computer Programmer for Cantor Fitzgerald. Aleksandr was Russian and from a little place in Siberia called Abakan. He left behind a wife of only 15 short months.


A note to the family of Aleksandr. I am so sorry for your loss. I truly hope that this tribute does not in any way offend you. If there is information that I have written that is not correct or inaccurate, please let me know, and I will be more than glad to change it. If there is any other information you would like for us to know about Aleksandr, let me know. I will certainly add it. I am so sorry for your loss. My email address is newmanlaw2@nexband.com.

Thanks to Army Wife for this idea of a note to the family.

Some Soldiers Mom's story of 09/11 as she remembers it. She was working downtown on that terrible day.

For a complete list of all 2,996 tributes.

17 comments:

Meira{FB} said...

Lovely tribute. We lost so many with wonderful character, and full of life. It is truly a great loss not only to family, but the nation.

mine is up also.

Rachelle Jones said...

Fantastic job, this was really a hard project for most of us. However, this has to be one of the best ideas EVER...

I have learned a lot about the victims while reading my daily blogs this morning....

I think that is important..

I will spend the day thinking about all of the friends and family today. Hoping they havve found some sort of peace...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Stacy, for letting us get to know another of the victims of 9/11.

Heather said...

23 years old - wow, just seems so unfair.

Thank you for sharing him.

I remember Steven Hagis

Call Me Grandma said...

We must never forget them.

Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are sad and hard to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you…

Lemon Stand said...

Thank you.

Miss Chris said...

God bless you.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for all that you do. You are wonderful.

kateandjona said...

Thank you for sharing!

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

Kache said...

Thank you for sharing a part of his life with us


Faina's tribute

Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute and that's a very nice touch adding the note to the family, very thoughtful!

Undercover Angel said...

What a beautiful tribute. Such a tragedy and so many beautiful lives lost. Thank you for sharing his life with us.

Unknown said...

It sure was hard writing these.

The Wandering Author said...

That was a wonderful tribute.

Anonymous said...

Lovely tribute.

I participated as well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov