Thursday, January 13, 2005

January 13, 2005

THE DAY...

I don't think that I have ever felt like I did on this day. This was the worst day of all. Just knowing that this was the day that he was actually really leaving. Marcus and I carried him back. I thought that the ride down on the 2nd was bad, this was even worse. I can't explain how my heart felt that day. It felt like a peice of it was gone. We arrived at Camp Shelby and helped Michael finish packing. I could have fit into one of his bags. It was huge. I was fine until we carried him to get on the bus. That was so hard standing there looking at those buses, and watching all the soldiers saying good-bye. Then it was our turn to say good-bye and we watched him get on the bus. The buses pulled out around 9:45 p.m. headed for Gulfport.

Long long ride home that night. Michael figured he would make one more call home from the airport. Michael and Marcus talked for almost an hour, and that got him out of baggage detail. I am sure that was well thought out on Michael's part.

No comments:



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov