Monday, September 26, 2005


1 HOUR 39 MINUTES AND 22 SECONDS after my cell phone rang earlier tonight, I sat back with this big smile on my face. We had a lot of catching up to do. He has been trying to call since he made it back to the sand from R&R, but with Hurricane Katrina making her appearance, that put a small damper on the phone service in Mississippi.

After many attempts at trying to get through to us, along with several voice messages that he was at least able to leave on our cell phones, and one call that was disconnected tonight, we can finally breath a sigh of relief.

It has been a very long 33 days.

He sounded great. He is working nights right now, which is actually not too bad for us back home to be able to communicate with him. I do believe that I would have lost my mind if it werent't for yahoo instant messenger and the webcam.

He is still awaiting his new laptop computer to arive via the good ole snail mail. Tomorrow will be two weeks since it was mailed. Other than our soldier so ready to come home for good, we discussed what was in the three care packages that were mailed last week and the one that will be mailed tomorrow. It will definately be Christmas in October for him. He had so much snack food, that he had told me not to send anything for a while. I can assure you that he won't need anything for quite some time again now. LOL...

The long awaited phone call has came, and I think that I can now get a decent night sleep.

Thanks Michael for being so patient with the terrible phone service that we have had. It was great to hear from you. Love and Miss you very much.


P.S. Thanks so much to Some Soldiers Mom for her wonderful post today. She has said it all. Our soldier's have no idea just how precious each and every instant message we get, each letter or package that we receive, the emails, but most of all, and phone call. We cherish each phone call, as if it were the last. Thanks SSM for the post. You have described me perfectly.


Call Me Grandma said...

I am so happy for you Stacy. That is the best news to read first thing in the morning.
I bet it felt like Christmas in September to you and the present was a phone call. Michael looks so great. May God Bless him and all of our troops. Come home soon guys, and make it safe and sound.

Melinda said...

Great news, Stacy!!! IM and webcame are nice, but nothing replaces those phone calls!!!

So glad you heard from him!!

Karens Korner said...

I hope you slept soundly Stacy, I know the feeling!!!
you have such a handsome son Mom.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

as i said last night, WHOOOHOOO!!

~K said...

Glad you got to talk to Michael.
He looks great in this pic.

Al's Girl said...

Sooooooooooooooooo glad that you got that phone call, honey!! It's amazing what an hour + on the phone can do for a person, lol.

I know that you are having a really busy week, so I have been trying not to bug you - I will be burning up the phone lines this weekend though!

Sending you lots of love across the state lines - tee hee ;o)


Soldiers Angels


Flame of Life

Aleksandr V. Ivantsov