Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Good golly at the snack bars & Project Valour-IT update

He has received the last of the care packages that I mailed just last week (only 8 days). Hopefully this will last him until he is on him way back to the good ole USA. Only thing, he just might be a couple pounds heavier after eating all that's in these last two packages. Don't want you going hungry Michael. I can't believe that it's been almost 10 months now, since his boots hit the sand. We are in the double digits of counting down now, and you bet I am counting every minute of every day that he has left in the sand.

No more snail mail. No more hearing "Santa Clause came to see me today". No more asking "Is there anything that you need"? No more did you get my package that I mailed (three weeks ago)? No more haji internet (soon hopefully). Actually it feels great to be able to say those things and to smile and laugh about them.

Wanted to share a few more pictures that he had sent me this morning that were taken on this mission.







Tea that they drank on their mission that is called "Chy". He says that it was really sweet, but good. Anything is good to him as long as it has sugar in it.



PROJECT VALOUR-IT UPDATE...

Valour IT Army Team $15,599.99

Valour IT Navy Team $14,176.00

Valour IT Marine Team $10,745.00

Valour IT Air Force Team $ 4,875.00

TOTAL $45,395.99

Only $4,604.01 to make it to $50,000.00

GO ARMY


THIS IS A MUST READ, I DECIDED THAT I NEEDED TO CHECK ON CHUCK AND SEE HOW HE WAS DOING. WELL HE IS SO EXCITED, HIS LOVELY WIFE WILL BE ON MSNBC TOMORROW "CONNECTED COAST TO COAST" REPRESENTING CHUCK AND VALOUR-IT. THE SHOW RUNS FROM 1200 - 1300 EASTERN TIME. MAKE PLANS TO WATCH OR AT LEAST RECORD.

WE CAN DO IT, MAKE YOUR DONATION TODAY, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO. HELP OUR WOUNDED SOLDIERS BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE VIA VOICE ACTIVATED LAPTOPS.

4 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

good heavens, stacy -- that sure is a rag-tag bunch of guys (LOL) Remember how all spit & polish they were when they left?? But it sure is good to see some smiles on those faces... my heart is so with you (and the whole unit) as they prepare to redeploy... How good do the words "Coming Home" sound? (gotta go... got something in my eye...)

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures. He looks so good in them. It won't be long before we get to hug him in person. Counting down the days!!
Love ya, Elizabeth

Call Me Grandma said...

Stacy does single digits mean this month. Oh I am so happy for you.
Praying that Michael is blessed with safe travel. Oh what a wonderful Christmas present.
Happy dancin for you Stacy.

RebeccaMcCormick said...

I hear your soldier is also berry mooch een lub. Thanks for checking in over at WW. I just found out yesterday mine won't be spending the big C-Day with me. He's doing C-Eve at fiance's, C-morning at his dad's, C-lunch at fiance's, and if we can work it out, I'll see him that night. (Deep breathing going on in Arkansas.)



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov