Sunday, November 20, 2005

SOLDIERS MOM NEEDS OUR PRAYERS

Military Mom needs our prayers. Her son Dan is in Iraq fighting for our country while another son Dave is fighting for his life. Dave has a blood infection and it has caused some damage to his heart. On Saturday he had emergency surgery to replace the valves leading to his heart. Dave's kidneys had also shut down and he was put on a ventilator.

As I was making my blog rounds this morning, I realized that Dave had his surgery yesterday instead of Monday. I was going to leave Military Mom a message and realized that her son Dan had left her a comment asking her to please get him a phone number and post. So my mission started. I had no clue where to start, but I was bound and determined to locate Military Mom, as I knew that she would do the same for me. I was calling every hospital in the area that I thought was where he would be, but had no luck. Thought that I would see if SSM had a cell number for Military Mom. She searched through emails that we had exchanged with Military Mom, and still no luck.

The two of us put our heads together and decided that we would find the hospital and get Dan a phone number so that he could talk with his mom. Not sure how many hospitals the two of us called, but I started at the top and SSM started at the end. We even looked up everyone in the area with the same last name as Military Mom, hoping to find the third son, but we were not sure of his first name. Thank goodness for blogs. Military Mom had mentioned his name in a post sometime last month.

SSM and I both talked with Military Mom today and she says that he is improving. Thanks SSM for helping me find a phone number. I think that we would make a couple of dang good detectives after today.

Everyone please stop by and give Military Mom some words of encouragement and support. We will continue to keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers Military Mom. Please let us know if we can do anything else.

3 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

I am so glad Dan got the message... and he'll call when he gets back in the morning, I'm sure. And I'm glad Cathy knows Dan got the message...

Melinda said...

You two never cease to amaze me!! I'm glad you're on my team. :)

I will stop over at MM's site to leave her son a get well note.

RebeccaMcCormick said...

You're teriffic! I'll buzz over to MM. Thanks for sharing.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov