Friday, August 25, 2006

ANOTHER DAY I CAN'T FORGET.

Today is another day I won't forget. Gosh how time flies. Yes, one year ago today was another very difficult day for me. We had to carry Michael to the airport to head back to Iraq. Those two weeks flew by, but he had a blast and that is all that matters. Just hoping that we don't have to go through all those difficult days again.

He's sick with the flu right now, but I think he would agree with me that he would much rather be sick with the flu in Mississippi than headed back to Iraq.

Life has been so busy for me with school. I can't recall ever having so much homework in all my years. I thought that you went to school to learn, but this Instructor (her very first year at teaching) seems to think our very first class project is for us to break up in groups of three and teach the class. By no means as I the teacher type. I want to go to school to learn, but not to learn how to become a teacher. Two chapters that the three of us will have to present to the class Tuesday night, plus do all the assignments. I feel like I have no life outside of this class.

Several of us were tempted to withdraw, but decided that she had set such a good standard during our last class that we should be able to do this with flying colors and blindfolded.

Remember Katrina's one year anniversary on the 29th...A day that we will never forget here in the South.

1 comment:

The One (I know how to be) said...

I remember you taking Michael back, I remember how hard it was. I am glad that part of life is over so you can move on to bigger things. Like your class...heheh

Even way up here Katrina will not be forgotten. My heart and prayers go out to all the people who are still trying to recover.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov