Thursday, January 04, 2007

CONGRADULATIONS CINDY...

I have to say, this is one outstanding lady. On Wednesday she was sworn in and there was lots of media on hand for the ceremony, which took place in Nashville, TN. Cindy is making history by enlisting at the age of 41. Congradulations Cindy. I wish you the very best of luck in your new career. You will make us all proud.

I had the honor of meeting Cindy at a soldiers funeral several months ago. I had no idea that I was going to meet her that day, but would not trade it for anything. She passed out signed copies of her book to all who wanted a copy that day. She shared her views with me that day about wanting to join the army, but was not sure that it would be possible at that time, but was going to do everything possible to make her dreams come true.

Cindy is the mother of three grown children, with the oldest son in the service as well. She heads to boot camp the end of January then 9 weeks later she will be on her way for her MOS training.

Good Luck Cindy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words and support. It was great meeting you that day as well.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

A true hero & great American in my book!



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov