Sunday, February 25, 2007

RETURN OF A MISSISSIPPI SOLDIER

Yesterday was a very touching day for the Patriot Guard Riders. We were invited to be at the airport with General Harold Cross for the return of a soldier. I have been on lots of missions with the Patriot Guard Riders, but this one was very different for me. The airport secutity allowed us go out on the tarmac along with General Cross and the rest of the soldiers. General Cross took several pictures of us as we stood in line waiting on the chartered plane to pull up to the hanger. I have lots of pictures that I would love to share, but would like for the family to see them first.

I will let these pictures speak for themself. Unless you have been on one of these missions, it would be hard to describe.






Today was the funeral, but we were not able to get but a few pictures, so I will share those in my next post.

My family has lost a very dear immediate family member, who is a retired vet and we will lay him to rest tomorrow. This slow internet in a hotel is terrible. I forgot what it was like to have high speed, so I will be back to my high speed internet hopefully tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

our thoughts are with you. prayers for the families.

Kessa Thea said...

Prayers go out to the family.

The One (I know how to be) said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the families Stacy.
~K.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov