Sunday, August 03, 2008

Soldiers' Angels Meet & Greet in Mississippi

What an awesome day. We had a good turnout and enjoyed lots of good fellowship and good food. It was extremely hot, but we made the best of it. Lots of water was drank...
Larry Vetter (Manager of Fisher House in Biloxi), Michael and Norris (Wounded Veterans)
Michael and Joyce, Rhonda, (Soliders' Angel CTL) and I
Mark Scarbrough, Mayor of Richland and Carol, CTL Soldiers' Angel
North Mississippi Soldiers' Angels
Rhonda, Larry and I
It was a great day. Good turnout and lots of good fellowship. Our food drive for our local hero and his family was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who either brought food or gift cards. A huge thanks to the Mississippi Patriot Guard Riders for coming out and supporting us.

We are planning on making this an annual event, just moving it to a month that is not so hot for next year.

4 comments:

Guard Wife said...

How cool!! Looks like everyone was all smiles even if it was super duper hot. :)

Deanna said...

So glad to find your blog and especially all the blogs in your listing. My friend Andy is in Walter Reed. He was injured in Afghanistan nine days ago. 85% of his spinal cord was severed by sniper fire. You are right... no family has to do this alone.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

SOOO proud of you all!! You look GREAT and doing such good work!

Conservative Belle said...

I'm sorry I missed the event. I'm working on a small project now for SA. When I finish it, I'll blog about it. :)

Great job!



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov