Friday, August 05, 2005

SELF PORTRAIT FRIDAY

TODAY IS SELF PORTRAIT FRIDAY, AND WE WERE SUPPOSE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF OUR FAVORITE MEAL...SO HERE YOU GO FOLKS...



The best meal in the south, at least during the summer it is. Fried squash and tomato sandwiches. Yes you read it right...It's the best, so don't knock it until you have tried it.






You have to be from the south to appreciate such a fine meal. Most folks just eat bacon and tomato sandwiches, but not at our house. Someone told me to try this several years ago, and I have not had a bacon and tomato sandwich since.

I am not much of a sandwich person any other time of the year except when the tomatoes and squash start producing, then I live off those things.

Well, I have a very busy weekend, so I probally won't have much time for blogging. Everyone have a great weekend.

Go on over to Katy's and check out what everyone else had for supper last night.

6 comments:

Call Me Grandma said...

Mmmmmm!That looks good. I'll have to try that. Have a great weekend Stacy. I hope you get to hear from your soldier, all weekend long.

warcrygirl said...

Now I've eaten peanut butter and banana sandwiches and I've heard of them fried but I've never heard of a fried squash and tomato sandwich! What kind of squash do you use; it looks like yellow summer squash in the picture.

Hubby detests squash so of course I MUST try it!

Katy said...

ooh, I love fried squash. I really love some fried green tomatos. YUMMUY YUMMY TO MY TUMMY.

Mama Duck said...

Dude, you fry any vegetable and it has to taste good! :)

Erik Holtan said...

Well, I really just don't like squash fried or not! But the tomato looks refreshing, and why is that tomato ot fried and green.
I thought that was what the south was!

opforsoldier said...

Mmmmmmm....BLT. YUM!!!

opforsoldier.com



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov