Friday, August 26, 2005

SELF PORTRAIT FRIDAY

I sent Katy a message yesterday telling her that I would definately participate in today's Self Portrait Friday, and that mine would be really great. I could have posted so many other pictures of friends, but I just thought that this one was the one. So here you go.


THIS RIDE WAS FOR YOU NOAH


This is a first for me. I have always been scared to death of motorcycles. We only went like two miles down the road and back to the house, but I at least got on the thing. No one was around to take a picture, so this is the best we could do, as Michael's arm just could not stretch out any further.

Our Soldier's R&R was wonderful he says...I sure hated to see him go back. I was getting use to him being around again, and it sure was nice. (Even the washing your clothes Michael) Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Go visit Katy and see all the other SPF participants and their best friends...

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Stacy, That is a great picture of the two of you. It was hard telling Michael bye but he will be back soon. Call me if you need anything! I love you, Elizabeth Ü

Some Soldier's Mom said...

Hey!! Great pic!! Yup, I think we need to take that bike out for a spin every now and then... just to be sure it's in working order... (It's ok, Michael... we'll be careful :-D )

He'll be home soon, Stacy... Keeping him in our prayers!

Call Me Grandma said...

Your are one good mom. He knows now you would really do anything for him. So glad his R&R was a good one.

Mama Duck said...

You're making me tear up with the disgination of this ride for Noah!

Hope you enjoyed it! There's nothing like the feeling of the open road on a bike!

Erik Holtan said...

Cool stuff, but it looks dark out!
You are a good person Stacy, and thanks for doing all you do!
Have a great weekend!

NannyKaren said...

I know it was hard to see michael go. Keeping him and your family in my prayers. Love ya!
Karen

Call Me Grandma said...

Hey Stacy, they have your ride on The Mudville Gazette. I got here from there.
This ride will go down in military history.LOL
I hope you have heard from Michael and he is well? I have been thinking of you both and how hard it must be to go back to the box.
I hope the hurricane misses you. I see it is coming to your neck of the woods...again.
It was so good to talk to you on the phone the other day. I loved your southern accent. I bet you didn't even notice my yankee twang.

Kat said...

Great pic!!!

Al's Girl said...

What an awesome pic. You look a little bit scared though - lol. I won't say anything about your soldier 'coming home soon' - because we both know that one more day is one day too many - yuck!! I just want to tell you thank you for being such a great mom to Michael - and for being such a great friend, I am so blessed to have you in my life - and I feel like I can make it through the rest of this with you by my side.

NannyKaren said...

Stacy,
I am praying for you as I know Katrina is barrelin that way! Pleas stay safe!

Melinda said...

Those are some pretty wide eyes!!! :)

I am so glad you had a good visit with Michael. It just goes so fast! I hope the time b/w now & when he comes home again is as quick for you.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov