Sunday, September 11, 2005

9/11 MEMORIAL. WE WILL NEVER FORGET



WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE WORLD STOPPED TURNING


(Picture taken on September 9, 2005 at our house)

Four planes (2 into the World Trade Center, One into the Pentagon, and one in a field in Pennsylvania) four years ago today took the lives of several thousand inocent people in a matter of hours.

THIS DAY WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN


Short recap since 9/11 for our family.

I remember this day as if it were just yesterday. It has changed so many lives. Thanks to President Bush for a fine job in leading this country through such tragedy. I stand behind you, as you are my soldier's Commander in Chief. Thanks again for a job well done.

Three months after 9/11 is when Michael joined the Army National Guard. He graduated from High School in May 2002. Left for Boot Camp August 2002. After a short 6 weeks back in Mississippi he then headed to Wichita Falls, TX in December 2002 for the oh so long 42 weeks of AIT. Graduated from AIT the following October (2003). January 2004 he began working at MEPS with the National Guard.

Then came the phone call on a Saturday night in May 2004, day before Mother's Day. I will never forget. Michael was at the race track, and I was at the house all by myself. He was put on alert. August 13th, 2004 , along with several thousand other soldiers he headed to Camp Shelby for several months of training. November 2004 was 30 days of training at the NTC in Ft. Irwin, CA. Ten days of R&R, then exactly 6 months later he pulled out from Camp Shelby headed to IRAQ.

Thanks Michael to you and all the other soldiers for everything you are doing for the people of Iraq and our Country.

STAY SAFE AND COME HOME SOON.

WE LOVE AND MISS YOU VERY MUCH...

A couple of must read poems over at Blackfive and Under the Northern Star. Thanks Liz.

2 comments:

Pamela Reece said...

I will never forget where I was and what I was doing. I was watching it unfold live on CNN. Melting onto the floor with the phone to my ear talking to my husband who I called immediately after the first plane hit. As the second plane came in, I screamed into the phone and fell to the floor, crying in the phone, "Where are my children, I want my children home from school, now! Please come home, please!" This was the beginning of my journey into darkness and how it ultimately brought me out (see my first blog entries). I am with you and so many others today... in my thoughts and in my heart.

Pamela
http://patrioticmom.blogspot.com

Call Me Grandma said...

I would like to add my thank you. Thank God for men and women who are willing to serve. God Bless our troops and may God bless America.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov