Wednesday, October 05, 2005

HE'S PACKING UP!!!

Don't get all excited. Just normal packing, even though they still have several months before they head home, they have to have their black box and several duffle bags packed and ready to go by the 7th of this month. They have to clear customs and head back via a boat. One step closer to coming home. Sure would be nice to see them home before Christmas, but I am not going to get all excited and get my hopes up, only to be let down. So we will just take it one day at a time. SO PACK AWAY SON. Everyday is one more day closer to coming home.

He was up all night last night packing those bags for customs and packing to move to his new can. They are having to make room for more troops, and instead of him getting a new roommate, which he did not know, he chose to move to another can with a guy from his unit. Poor JOE, sure hope he can get some sleep with the night owl Michael moving in with him.

We tried several times during the night to chat online, but the HAJI internet was just not going to let us get a decent conversation in, so I finally gave up at 0300 this morning.

Sorry that it has been so long since I posted. After all the emails wanting to know why I have not posted, I figured I had better explain. I have been very busy at work with the new bankruptcy law that kicks in on the 16th of this month. Everybody waiting until the last minute to file. Hopefully things will die down by this time next week and I can get back to blogging on a regular basis.

Thanks again for all the emails checking on me.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Not surprising that those needing to file might wait until the last minute, huh? Would think that procrastination tendency might be what landed some of them in trouble in the first place!

So glad to see you've posted & with such good news!!!!

Call Me Grandma said...

Good to see your post. I am so excited to hear Michael is packing up. Yippeee!



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov