Tuesday, October 17, 2006

OUR FIRST GOOD NIGHT OF REST

Talk about feeling revived this morning. Even though it was only four hours of sleep, it felt so good. Michael slept from midnight until 0515 this morning, which was great. I heard every breath he took, and every moan, but compared to the last week, last night was heavenly

Thanks to my Dad, he came up yesterday and spent the day with Michael, and kept him up and talking motorcycle all day. Thanks Daddy, you just don't know what it meant for you to spend the day with him he says. He said he loved you being there all day, and giving him the thumbs up on Kandice. They have lots in common with the motorcycles, and wrecks. My parents had a small accident last Friday afternoon on their Trike, but they are fine.

Ok, I am hoping to work all day today, and try to get him approved to go to Rehab everyday. The army has been great working with us. I think Michael will not mind the Rehab near as much now that he knows that I will take him every morning, then come back and pick him up every afternoon. It's going to be a long haul with the Rehab, but they say that with the type of head injury that he has, the success rate of getting him back to 100% is great.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, cards and calls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha..That about your dad is too funny Stacy..He is great..I'm glad he stuck around yesterday and So glad y'all had a good night last night..I missed y'all though..I was kind of lonely..lol...Talk to ya in a bit

Kandice

LoveMyTanker said...

Glad to hear things are going ok. Continuing to think of you and yours.

MaryAnn said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are moving along in the right direction.

Dad sounds like a sweetheart!

The One (I know how to be) said...

I was wondering about your dad. Sorry to hear your parents got in a trike accident. Though glad he spent the day with Michael. (pssstttt, I give thumbs up on Kandice too.)
I am glad Mihcael is doing better. Getting a good night sleep sure puts a different perspective on things don't it? WOO HOOO on the 100%.
WAY TO GO CUTIE!!!

Melinda said...

So glad to read that Michael is doing better & that he had some quality time with his grandpa. :)

Keep us posted!



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov