Friday, October 13, 2006

WE ARE HOME AND HAVING A SLUMBER PARTY

What a long day we have had. It has been rough, but he has survived it, or I should say WE HAVE SURVIVED...

These last five days have been five I would not wish on anyone. I am so tired I can't think straight. I can say it is wonderful to have him back home to spoil, just wish it was not under these circumstances.

Since Sunday night, he has slept all but maybe 6 hours I think, and I might have gotten 10 hours of sleep. I would fall asleep, and then I would hear him move. Hopefully we can all get a much better nights sleep tonight since we are home.

Tomorrow starts the beginning of his rehabilitation. We choose to do it all at home verses the Rehabilitation Center, because it would have been next week before the accepted him, and we would be stuck at the Trauma Center until then, so our Case Manager got to work and found an agency that had all the different types of therapist that he is going to need.

They will start out with teaching us how to give him LOVENOX injections for the next 30 days. Not sure which one of us will do that. Michael says that they hurt, but he has to have them since he can use but one of his four limbs. Who knows what will be the next step.

He has had a very tiring day, and has slept almost the entire time that he has been home, so I had better try and get a little sleep, since the last three nights he has not slept good.

Kandice is in for the weekend to help me, so I should be able to get some much needed sleep.

5 comments:

The One (I know how to be) said...

Glad Kandice is there to help. She seems awsome.
I would give him the shots if I was close, it is best for him. But being a CENA, I am sure helps.
Hope your schedule gets set fast, that will help you.
Prayers are still headed your way Lady.

Melinda said...

I'm glad you have some help and that you might be able to catch up on some sleep.

Take care of yourself & hugs to Michael.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

love to you all from the Windy City!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Just found out about this... so glad to hear Michael's doing better and back home.

Hope you've finally gotten some rest. Hugs and much love to you all!

Call Me Grandma said...

So glad he is home. Praying for a speedy recovery.



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov