Monday, July 02, 2007


I have surfed the web, I have worked puzzles and I have read all I care to frecking read. It is a must that I try to work tomorrow for my own sanity. Not sure that I can last very long, but I have made my mind up that I will at least give it my best shot. I am not cut out to stay at home and just sit around twiddling my thumbs or laying around watching TV. My butt hurts and my back is killing me from just sitting/laying so much. Our electricity has gone out during the heat of the day yesterday and today for a couple of hours each time.

I have always had one speed, which is fast, so this is going to be very frustrating for me to not be able to just hop up and rush to where ever in warp speed. This will teach me hopefully to slow down some.

Last week as I was begging the Doc. to let me return to work today, he kindly said, if you are so adament about returing to work, then give it a try, but trust me when I say you need to rest for at least a good week and keep that leg elevated above your heart as much as possible. Apparently he knew what he was talking about.

I decided to call the Nurse today to see if he could tell me what to do about the cast rubbing, and he tells me that I need to "chill" and keep my leg up so that the swelling will go down, then the cast won't be rubbing against that bone on my ankle. Nurse says that is right where the incision is also. I have taken all the oxycotton I can stand. Hubby started cutting them in half hoping that would help, but I am just not cut out to take this type of drug. So I am just gritting my teeth and bearing with it. The pain should not be much longer, but the cast is what is going to absolutely drive me nuts. Maybe if I do good, he will cut my three months down some. I would love to have a boot cast, but he made it perfectly clear before I left the hospital that it was a must that when I returned to see his nurse to have the stitches taken out that I leave his office in another hard cast. Maybe he thinks that I will abuse the boot cast. LOL...

I am still waiting on a knee mobility thingy. They are telling me that UPS will deliver it tomorrow, so we will see. It will help me get around so much easier, as all I will have to do is bend my knee and put it on the platform and I can just wheel around. The crutches and I are not getting along to well. I have tripped twice, fell outside on the porch once and no telling how many times I have just hopped and done whatever to keep myself from busting my butt. All the animals are terrified of the crutches, and I am sure that I have not helped them adjust at all. My hands are soar from just the little bit I have used the crutches in the last five days. Not sure anything would please me at this point. Five days down, with 79 more to go.

I must have been on some type of drugs when I thought that this would be a peice of cake. LOL...I was so wrong.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Sure hope I can do this. I would love to be able to go and pick up the little peices of leaves that I see on the carpet that has been tracked in and is driving me crazy. OK, I have ranted and raved enough, need to save some for tomorrow...

P.S. The last Arixtra (Cummidin) shot in my stomach is tonight.


Anonymous said...

I sure do wish there was somethin' I could do or say. I feel just horrible for you.

Hang in there and I'm just hopin' things get better VERY soon!!


Army Wife said...

If the oxycotin does not feel right, ask for Darvocet, or something a bit lighter...

Do not go back to work....

Do not.

Read some cookbooks....


I am loving my Mississippi cookbook!!

Loving it.

I am making a squash recipie this week.

And I have one here to send your way!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Army wife on this. You do so much for others. Now it's your turn to take care of yourself. I sure wish I could give you a hand, but alas, that isn't possible. Hope you feel better soon!


kbug said...

Oh my gosh, what a way to spend the summer...and it is hell having to depend on someone else all the time when you're used to being the one on the helping end. I had my turn some 15 years ago when the boys were young. I came off a bucking, runaway horse and broke everything...well, not everything, but it felt like everything.... :) I broke my left colar bone, my shoulder blade was in three pieces, three ribs were broken in 6 or 7 places, and I punctured a lung. Needless to say, I was not used to having anyone do for me, especially when I had boys at home that were 6,9, and 12...and I certainly was not ready to be in the hospital for a week. I couldn't get in or out of bed by myself, couldn't dress myself, couldn't even stand for very sucked. I look back now and laugh at my predicament, but I sure wouldn't wish it on anyone.

You do as the doctor tells you and stay off your feet for a while. There are some great books out there that are just begging to be read..... :) Take care of yourself, my friend, it'll be nothing but a memory before too long.

Bar Kochba said...

I really enjoy your blog- stay strong.

P.S. Visit my blog and I'll link to you if you link to me.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

oh stacy... I am feeling for you, girl! but listen to the doc... it hurts MORE and LONGER when you don't... do you want them to have to do this AGAIN?? Thinking of you.

yankeemom said...

I know it's not easy to put the engine in idle...
Hang in there and listen to the Doc ~
it really will keep the frustration shorter!

Anonymous said...

what did you do retard

Josie said...

Hang in there. If the oxy isn't working ASK FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. If there is one thing I learned with J.R. in the hospital, it's that there is ALWAYS another pain killer available. It may take some searching, but there is one that will be perfect for you. Just be pushy until you get it.

As far as keeping your mind busy.. try something new. I picked up knitting while here at Walter Reed. It gives you something else to be pissed off at and takes your mind off the injury. Heal fast!


Soldiers Angels


Flame of Life

Aleksandr V. Ivantsov