Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11...We will never forget

WHERE WERE YOU SIX YEARS AGO TODAY...

The Governor of the State of Mississippi has ordered all flags to be flown at half staff today. As I was driving in this morning I was impressed to see all the flags that were already at half staff.



Six years ago today and 2191 days ago...Tuesday, the same day of the week six years ago...Where were you. I can remember it like it was yesterday. It changed my life and millions more I am sure. I was working for a union trucking company at the time and was talking on the phone with a client when I heard the news. Our terminal basically shut down that day. Actually our company filed for Chapter 11 shortly after 9/11. Approximately 20,000 jobs were lost due to that day, or at least that is what they blamed it on at the time. Now that I think back, I am sure that 9/11 was a major cause for the bankruptcy. My DH and I lost our jobs shortly after that horrible day.

Lets honor the memory of those that have lost their lives due to 9/11/1. A special thank you to all our men and women in uniform.

No comments:



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov