Thursday, September 01, 2005

More Pictures





















I just wanted to share a few more pictures that were taken on Monday during Katrina. We still have no lights, no water and our phone service is off and on. I am at work today, just to charge up all of our cell phones, laptop and video cameras. We have had no luck in finding a generator so far. I mainly wanted the generator to keep my freezer cool, but we are told that if we have not had a generator recharging it by now, that we should not attempt to try to save anything in it at this time. I am still searching for one, but only to possible stay cool with a small window unit.

We are very fortunate in our part of Mississippi, when we see the news and pictures in the papers from the coastal area and New Orleans. We can pick up our limbs, trees, etc., but most of those people in the coastal area and New Orleans don't even have a home to go back to.

I will post aftermath and clean-up pictures in several days.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I am so glad you have somewhere to go to charge up all your electronic/cellular equipment so you can stay in touch with the outside world & Michael.

I have been thinking about you ALOT.

Not sure what I can do to help, but if you think of something, let me know!

Call Me Grandma said...

It is so good to see your post. I have been thinking and praying for you and all of the hurricane victims. I am so glad that your home with stood this awful disaster. Take Care and praying all utilities will be restored for you soon.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

thinking of you, too! noah says to say hello to michael and he and michael will have to take their wheels with Rolling Thunder (the veterans motorcycle rally and fundraiser to washington dc) memorial day weekend the first year they are all home and he wants military mom's dan to bring his tank! we're doing well... news soon!



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov