Tuesday, February 05, 2008

NO SLEEP FOR THE BUSY

Geez.  I thought yesterday would never end.  I can't tell you the last time I was that busy at work.   I was still watching the clock this morning at 0200.  That is what happens I guess when you don't get home until almost 11:00 at night.  Had to make a flying trip south last night after I got off work.  I had all intentions of leaving work early so that I would not be so late getting back, but that did not happen.

Think of my Daddy today as his very best friend is laid to rest.  I don't think it has hit him just yet.  It was very unexpected.  They have been best friends for over 30 years.  They were always together doing fire department stuff and whatever else they were into at the time.  They both lived for their little volunteer fire department.  Some say they had the best one in the South, and I would have to agree with that.  The little town they live in will be all closed down today to honor this fine man.  He will be missed greatly by a lot of folks, especially his best friend.

No comments:



2996


Soldiers Angels


Centcom


Flame of Life


Aleksandr V. Ivantsov